Hi Everyone;

I just stood up a new (open source) 3.0 Puppet Master.
For some reason, my modules are not getting applied and I cannot figure out
why.

What logs should I be looking at? Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Bee

  • Garrett Honeycutt at Oct 17, 2012 at 7:07 pm

    I just stood up a new (open source) 3.0 Puppet Master.
    For some reason, my modules are not getting applied and I cannot figure
    out why.

    What logs should I be looking at? Any troubleshooting suggestions?

    Thanks so much!
    Bee
    Bee,

    Look for the modulepath in your puppet.conf and ensure that your modules
    are in there. Then you should be able to do `puppet apply -v
    /module/path/<module>/tests/init.pp`. That init.pp is likely a one liner
    that does 'include <module>'.

    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/3/reference/modules_fundamentals.html

    Regards,
    -g

    --
    Garrett Honeycutt

    206.414.8658
    http://puppetlabs.com

  • Worker Bee at Oct 17, 2012 at 9:44 pm
    Thanks for the link!

    Bee

    On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Garrett Honeycutt