The docs on collections do not mention how information is "retired" from
the puppetmaster (see
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/exported_resources.html).

To use the example in the above doc, suppose host "foo" is added. We setup
a collector to monitor it through nagios on running on host "bar".

We now retire host "foo". Nagios keeps complaining about "foo" being down.
How do I "zero out" the information about "foo"?

--
maarten

  • Calvin Walton at Oct 18, 2012 at 4:08 am

    The docs on collections do not mention how information is "retired" from
    the puppetmaster (see
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/exported_resources.html).

    To use the example in the above doc, suppose host "foo" is added. We setup
    a collector to monitor it through nagios on running on host "bar".

    We now retire host "foo". Nagios keeps complaining about "foo" being down.
    How do I "zero out" the information about "foo"?
    If you're using puppetdb, you can run the following command:
    # puppet node deactivate foo.example.com

    This is documented at
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1/maintain_and_tune.html#deactivate-decommissioned-nodes

    --
    Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@kepstin.ca>