I managed to get a puppet module on a server and tried to install it but I
got the following and am now lost on how to get round this:

puppet module install puppetlabs-xinetd-1.1.0
Preparing to install into /etc/puppet/modules ...
Downloading from http://forge.puppetlabs.com ...
Error: Error: Could not connect to http://forge.puppetlabs.com
There was a network communications problem
Check your network connection and try again

The server doesn't have an internet connection so how do I install this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan

  • Ryan Coleman at Oct 16, 2012 at 10:44 pm
    Hi Dan,

    If you can't connect to Forge from your node and using the http_proxy
    configuration option isn't viable, you can download the tarball directly
    from the Forge website and install it with the puppet module tool.

    First, download the tarball from the website:
    http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/xinetd

    Get that tarball onto your node somehow and then run the `puppet module
    install` command against it. The --ignore-dependencies flag instructs the
    tool to ignore the Forge (which is normally consulted for dependency
    lookup) and just install the module. If the module does have dependencies
    (listed on the web page), you'll need to install those as well.

    Example: puppet module install puppetlabs-xinetd-1.1.0.tar.gz
    --ignore-dependencies

    Hope that helps!

    --Ryan