Hi all,

I'm trying to build a motd template for all my linux machines.
This should contain two type of variables:
- client side (from facter), like operatingsystem and architecture
- supplied by the master, after parsing a text file (or querying a
mysql db), like description and location.

So. Where are the template variables evaluated? On the client or on the master?

Any hints on how I can do this?

Thanks.

  • Ger Apeldoorn at Oct 16, 2012 at 8:49 am
    The template function is evaluated on the server, but you do have access to
    the facter variables that are generated on the client.

    Kind regards,
    Ger.