I've got a Nagios setup with puppet to add nodes/contacts/command running at one datacenter, I'm trying to setup a second Nagios server using the same manifests, but I'm getting this error:

info: Retrieving plugin
info: Loading facts in snmpd
info: Loading facts in snmpd
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Exported resource Nagios_timeperiod[24x7] cannot override local resource on node nagios2.theflux.net
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run
Time:
Last run: 1349977873

Can someone give me some direction on why this is happening? Thanks!

  • Peter Brown at Oct 11, 2012 at 11:17 pm
    How are you setting up the nagios resources?
    I've got a Nagios setup with puppet to add nodes/contacts/command running at
    one datacenter, I'm trying to setup a second Nagios server using the same
    manifests, but I'm getting this error:

    info: Retrieving plugin
    info: Loading facts in snmpd
    info: Loading facts in snmpd
    err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
    Exported resource Nagios_timeperiod[24x7] cannot override local resource on
    node nagios2.theflux.net
    warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
    err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run
    Time:
    Last run: 1349977873

    Can someone give me some direction on why this is happening? Thanks!

  • Gabriel Filion at Oct 12, 2012 at 8:48 pm

    I've got a Nagios setup with puppet to add nodes/contacts/command
    running at one datacenter, I'm trying to setup a second Nagios server
    using the same manifests, but I'm getting this error:

    info: Retrieving plugin
    info: Loading facts in snmpd
    info: Loading facts in snmpd
    err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
    Exported resource Nagios_timeperiod[24x7] cannot override local resource
    on node nagios2.theflux.net <http://nagios2.theflux.net>
    your manifests are probably exporting the same resources twice.

    you might want to verify either that one nagios server is exporting
    these and the second is collecting them, or that both create them as
    local resources and collect host/service definitions from other nodes.

    --
    Gabriel Filion

grouppuppet-users @
categoriespuppet