On 10/11/2012 10:28 PM, Zack Simpson wrote:
I'm a noob puppeteer. I'm following the directions here:

http://shapeshed.com/setting-up-puppet-on-ubuntu-10-04/

I'm running two identical Ubuntu VMs. I can apparently set up the
master ok. But, when I try to connect with an agent I get the
following error from the agent:

Error: Failed to apply catalog: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0
state=SSLv3 read server session ticket A: tlsv1 alert decrypt error
Error: Could not send report: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0
state=SSLv3 read server session ticket A: tlsv1 alert decrypt error

And I get the following from the masterhttp.log on the master:

ERROR OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_accept returned=1 errno=0
state=SSLv3 read client certificate B: no certificate returned

At first I was running ruby 1.9.2 but then read this:

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/9084

I tried to follow the instructions on that post and when that didn't
work I rvm installed 1.8.7 and still no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Zack
Hi Zack,

Check the date on master and client. They should be the same.

Grts

Jo

Johan De Wit

Open Source Consultant (rhce : 805008667232363)

Open-Future Phone +32 (0)2/255 70 70
Zavelstraat 72 Fax +32 (0)2/255 70 71
3071 KORTENBERG Mobile +32 (0)474/42 40 73
BELGIUM http://www.open-future.be

  • Zack Simpson at Oct 11, 2012 at 10:13 pm
    I'm a noob puppeteer. I'm following the directions here:

    http://shapeshed.com/setting-up-puppet-on-ubuntu-10-04/

    I'm running two identical Ubuntu VMs. I can apparently set up the master
    ok. But, when I try to connect with an agent I get the following error
    from the agent:

    Error: Failed to apply catalog: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3
    read server session ticket A: tlsv1 alert decrypt error
    Error: Could not send report: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3