I'm trying to use collections as shown below. The files I wish to collect
get populated on the client, so the puppetmaster doesn't know the contents.
I.e. I need to push these files to the server, and then distribute them
back to the clients:

@@file { "/etc/ssh-keys.d/$hostname.pub":
tag => "ssh_pub_keys",
require => Exec["copy_key"],
}

File <<| tag == 'ssh_pub_keys' |>>

But this isn't working. Do collections only work for files where the
puppetmaster provides the content?

If so, has anyone thought of any strategies to overcome this issue?

Thanks!
maarten

  • Jeff McCune at Oct 11, 2012 at 3:03 pm