Hi @all,

I have a problem with my Puppet setup after upgrading to Puppet 3 (OS:
SL6.3). I use a puppetmaster with ENC (foreman) to provide classes to my
clients. On the master, everything looks good as far as I can tell:

$ cat /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
### /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
#
# Puppet configuration file
#

[main]
# Non-default locations
logdir = /var/log/puppet
rundir = /var/run/puppet
ssldir = /var/lib/puppet/ssl

# Report to master puppet server
report = true
report_server = puppet.int.domain.local
reports = log,foreman

# Fact synchronisation
pluginsync = true

[agent]
# Non-default locations
classfile = /var/lib/puppet/classes.txt
localconfig = /var/lib/puppet/localconfig

# Interval and master
runinterval = 3600
server = puppet.int.domain.local

# Report actions
report = true
graph = true

[master]
# Settings for local database used by puppetmaster
storeconfigs = true
dbadapter = mysql
dbuser = puppet
dbpassword = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
dbserver = localhost
dbsocket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

# Syslog settings
syslogfacility = user

# The server through which to send email reports.
smtpserver = mail.int.domain.local

# Settings for reporting
rrdgraph = true

# Fix SSL settings
ssl_client_header = SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
ssl_client_verify_header = SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY

# Manage Puppet nodes configuration with Foreman
external_nodes = /etc/puppet/node.rb
node_terminus = exec
$ /etc/puppet/node.rb wiki.int.domain.local
---
parameters:
root_pw: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
hostgroup: web
mac: "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"
foreman_env: production
owner_email: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
comment: "Mediawiki Server"
ip: "XXX.XXX.XXX.XX"
owner_name: "Thomas Bendler"
puppetmaster: ""
domainname: "int.domain.local (Unknown)"
classes:
backup::bacula::client:
mail::ssmtp:
custom:
backup::bacula:
security:
virtual:
management:
common:
monitor:
environment: production
$

So far, so good. When I exceute the puppet agent on the client side it also
looks good:

$ puppet agent --test
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/puppet_vardir.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/root_home.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/facter_dot_d.rb
Info: Caching catalog for wiki.int.domain.local
Info: Applying configuration version '1349862242'
Finished catalog run in 0.16 seconds
$

But when I check the classes that are applied on this box I see only:

$ cat /var/lib/puppet/classes.txt
settings
$

So it look like that not even one class is deployed on this box. This also
applies to all other systems and when I change things in my current classes
there is also nothing deployed to the clients. Any hints?

Regards, Thomas
--
Linux ... enjoy the ride!

  • Josh Cooper at Oct 10, 2012 at 4:10 pm
    Hi Thomas,

    On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Thomas Bendler
[...]

    There is an issue with ENCs when using storeconfigs. See
    http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/16698

    --
    Josh Cooper
    Developer, Puppet Labs

  • Thomas Bendler at Oct 10, 2012 at 8:22 pm
    Hi Josh,

    2012/10/10 Josh Cooper [...]
    There is an issue with ENCs when using storeconfigs. See
    http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/16698
    [...]
    thanks for the hint, after disabling storeconfig, ENC seem to work again
    but now I hit the issue that David already reported:

    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/puppet-users/2qQRYpCGP6o/gQbeNRi6ljsJ

    I will spend some time on this issue on Friday.

    Regards, Thomas
    --
    Linux ... enjoy the ride!