Hello,

is it possible to replace a file on the system if a md5/sha1 sum
matches? For fixing a bug I want to replace a buggy file if it is the
buggy version checked by checksum.

Maybe its trivial, but I do not see a solution.

-- Klaus Ethgen
--
Klaus Ethgen http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub 4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16 Klaus Ethgen <klaus@ethgen.de>

  • Axel Bock at Oct 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm
    Hi Klaus,

    why not simply manage the file using puppet (file { "/to/my/file" : ensure
    => present, content => "..." }) ? Puppet actually makes sure the file's
    contents are always constant.

    HTH,
    Axel.

    is it possible to replace a file on the system if a md5/sha1 sum
    matches? For fixing a bug I want to replace a buggy file if it is the
    buggy version checked by checksum.

    Maybe its trivial, but I do not see a solution.

    -- Klaus Ethgen
    --
    Klaus Ethgen http://www.ethgen.ch/
    pub 4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16 Klaus Ethgen <klaus@ethgen.de>
    Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753 62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C
  • Klaus Ethgen at Oct 9, 2012 at 4:08 pm
    Hi,

    Axel Bock <axel.bock@arbeitsagentur.de> schrieb:
    why not simply manage the file using puppet (file { "/to/my/file" : ensure
    => present, content => "..." }) ? Puppet actually makes sure the file's
    contents are always constant.
    Due I need to manage the file only if it have a special content.

    In fact I want to manage the domain.rb that is inside the facter package
    of my os but only as long as the version of this file coming from the
    package is the buggy version. A newer version of this fact might be
    solved other way or include more that my version will be incompatible
    to.

    Moreover, the file is not at the same place in different versions of the
    package. I want to replace it only in one location.

    -- Klaus