ruby 1.8.7 is in the dependencies repo for el5. That repo is enabled
by default if you install the puppetlabs-release package
(http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/5/products/x86_64/puppetlabs-release-5-6.noarch.rpm).

http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/5/dependencies/{i386,x86_64,SRPMS}/

Once you add the dependencies repo, the new ruby will be available.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Andrei-Florian Staicu