Hi Guys!

I want to clean warning messages: "*warning: Deprecation notice: Resource
references should now be capitalized*... "
It is related to following line:

* -> appcmd::32Bit['32BitappPool']*

If I try to change any piece of the code using caps. for the fisrt letter,
a syntax error is displayed.

* err: Could not parse for environment production: Syntax error at ':';
expected '}' *

Any suggestion?
(The main issue is that the reference values start with numbers. With the
refers that start with letters we have no problem, 'cause we know the
structure)

Thnx!

  • Jcbollinger at Oct 8, 2012 at 3:41 pm

    I want to clean warning messages: "*warning: Deprecation notice:
    Resource references should now be capitalized*... "
    It is related to following line:

    * -> appcmd::32Bit['32BitappPool']*

    If I try to change any piece of the code using caps. for the fisrt letter,
    a syntax error is displayed.

    * err: Could not parse for environment production: Syntax error at ':';
    expected '}' *

    Any suggestion?
    What is the actual name of the definition? It probably should be
    appcmd::32bit (not appcmd::32Bit; type names should not contain capital
    letters). If you are using an all-lowercase name, I would expect
    references to it to require the form:

    Appcmd::32bit[<resource name>]

    If Puppet raises a syntax error on that then I'll need to see a more
    complete piece of code to guess at why.

    John

  • Llowder at Oct 8, 2012 at 5:12 pm
    comments in line..
    I want to clean warning messages: "*warning: Deprecation notice:
    Resource references should now be capitalized*... "
    It is related to following line:

    * -> appcmd::32Bit['32BitappPool']*

    If I try to change any piece of the code using caps. for the fisrt
    letter, a syntax error is displayed.

    * err: Could not parse for environment production: Syntax error at
    ':'; expected '}' *

    Any suggestion?
    "32Bit" isn't a legal name.. the regex is [a-z][a-z0-9_]* for classes and
    defines. Variables are a little more relaxed, but it is recommended that
    you stick to that same pattern for forwards compatibility.

    What is the actual name of the definition? It probably should be
    appcmd::32bit (not appcmd::32Bit; type names should not contain capital
    letters). If you are using an all-lowercase name, I would expect
    references to it to require the form:

    Appcmd::32bit[<resource name>]

    If Puppet raises a syntax error on that then I'll need to see a more
    complete piece of code to guess at why.

    John
  • Henrik Lindberg at Oct 8, 2012 at 10:56 pm

    I want to clean warning messages: "*warning: Deprecation notice:
    Resource references should now be capitalized*... "
    It is related to following line:

    * -> appcmd::32Bit['32BitappPool']*

    If I try to change any piece of the code using caps. for the
    fisrt letter, a syntax error is displayed.

    * err: Could not parse for environment production: Syntax
    error at ':'; expected '}' *

    Any suggestion?

    "32Bit" isn't a legal name.. the regex is [a-z][a-z0-9_]* for classes
    and defines. Variables are a little more relaxed, but it is recommended
    that you stick to that same pattern for forwards compatibility.
    To reference an instance of a resource type (written in Ruby, or a user
    defined resource type using define) the type name should be used, and
    each name segment should be initially capitalized. i.e. for something
    simple like a file, you use File['name'] (instead of file['name']). If
    you have a complex type you capitalize each segment e.g. Foo::Bar['name'].

    As pointed out "32bit" is not really a valid name, and it is impossible
    to capitalize "3" ;-)

    Suggest changing it to say bitsize_32 or somesuch, and then reference
    the instance with Appcmd::Bitsize_32['name'].

    - henrik