Hello,

Is there any way to test if a resources has been exported (without
realising it)? The reason being - I don't want to realise a nagios_service
that's associated with a nagios_hostgroup until at least one nagios_host
belonging to that hostgroup exists (otherwise nagios will refuse to start).

Any ideas?

Pete

  • David Schmitt at Oct 4, 2012 at 7:21 am

    Is there any way to test if a resources has been exported (without
    realising it)? The reason being - I don't want to realise a
    nagios_service that's associated with a nagios_hostgroup until at least
    one nagios_host belonging to that hostgroup exists (otherwise nagios
    will refuse to start).

    Any ideas?
    With puppetdb collections can have complex queries. That could allow
    each nagios_host to collect its _services and _hostgroups.

    Please report back with your results!

    Best Regards, David

  • Peter Brown at Oct 5, 2012 at 1:55 am
    I had this issue a few years ago.
    You can actually define a host_group in nagios without it having any
    hosts assigned to it.
    I set the hostgroup in the host definition instead of the hostgroup
    definition to get around it.