I am having difficulties understanding how to get 2 modules to install one
after the other.
I have in total 3 modules:

common # contains everything common to the master and slave
configuration
slave # contains what is specific to the slaves config
master # contains what is specific to the masters config

node 'myslave1'
{
class {
"common":
database => "192.168.1.10",
before => Class["slave"];
}

class {
"slave":

I am trying to tell the slave module to run after the common module is
totally applied, but it doesn't work like I am expecting. In the common
module
I set some repository and execute an update on the newly added repository.
But what happen is that, some slave package tries to get installed before
the common module complete the configuration of the repositories.

How can I achieve my goal?

Best,
Dominick

  • Tim Mooney at Sep 28, 2012 at 5:04 pm

    In regard to: [Puppet Users] Puppet module dependencies, DRivard said (at...:

[...]

    I'm going to guess that the issue is this

    http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Anchor_Pattern

    Pay particular attention to the paragraph between the first two code
    blocks. That spells out why the 'before => Class["slave"]' that you're
    using isn't doing what you want.

    Tim
    --
    Tim Mooney tim.mooney@ndsu.edu
    Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure 701-231-1076 (Voice)