I have puppet running on WEBrick.
Dashboard works. I can see the hosts currently in puppet.
In Dashboard I can add hosts and create groups, but cannot add classes. The
auto-search returns nothing when I click on a group or server and start
typing in the Classes textbox.

Is this a common occurrence with Dashboard?
I have looked on the web and found no answer.

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks.

  • Lunixer at Sep 27, 2012 at 10:38 pm
    Wanted to add that I used the CLI with no success.

    rake nodeclass:add name=sudo

    -----
    Dashboard works. I can see the hosts currently in puppet.
    In Dashboard I can add hosts and create groups, but cannot add classes.
    The auto-search returns nothing when I click on a group or server and start
    typing in the Classes textbox.

    Is this a common occurrence with Dashboard?
    I have looked on the web and found no answer.

    Appreciate any pointers.

    Thanks.

  • Lunixer at Sep 28, 2012 at 4:56 pm
    I figured this out.

    On the dashboard:
    - Click Add classs
    - type in exactly the class name as it exist in the puppet modules
    directory and click create
    - Edit a node or group and the auto search will find the class (a.k.a.
    module)

    ----