Great work!

But what are the changes since 0.11.0?

It would also be interesting to see a roadmap of post 1.0 features
that are planned.
On 21 September 2012 02:03, Moses Mendoza wrote:
PuppetDB 1.0 is now available!

PuppetDB, a component of the Puppet Data Library, is a centralized storage
daemon for auto-generated data. This initial release of PuppetDB targets the
storage of catalogs and facts.

Much more information is available on the Puppet Labs blog:

http://puppetlabs.com/blog/introducing-puppetdb-put-your-data-to-work/

...and on the docs site:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1/

...and there will also be 2 talks involving PuppetDB at next week's PuppetConf.

What can it do for you?

* It’s a drop-in, 100% compatible replacement for storeconfigs
* It’s a drop-in, 100% compatible replacement for inventory service
* It's already in production at many sites, handling thousands of nodes and
millions of resources
* It hooks into your Puppet infrastructure using Puppet’s pre-existing
extension points (catalog/facts/resource/node terminuses)
* It’s much faster, much more space-efficient, and much more scalable
than current storeconfigs and the current inventory service.
* We can handle a few thousand nodes, with several hundred
resources each, with a 30m runinterval on our laptops during
development.
* It stores the entire catalog, including all dependency and
containment information
* It exposes well-defined, HTTP-based methods for accessing stored information
* Documented at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb
* It presents a superset of the storeconfigs and inventory service
APIs for use in scripts or by other tools
* In particular, we support arbitrarily nested boolean operators
* It decouples catalog and fact storage from the compilation process
* PuppetDB obsoletes previous puppetq functionality
* It works Very Hard to store everything you send it; we auto-retry
all storage requests, persist storage requests across restarts,
and preserve full traces of all failed requests for post-mortem analysis
* It’s secured using Puppet’s built-in SSL infrastructure
* It’s heavily instrumented and easy to integrate its performance info into
your monitoring frameworks

We encourage you to try it out, hammer it with data, and let us know
if you run into any issues!

# Downloads

Available in native package format at

http://yum.puppetlabs.com

http://apt.puppetlabs.com

Source (same license as Puppet): http://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetdb

Available for use with Puppet Enterprise 2.5.1 and later at

http://yum-enterprise.puppetlabs.com/ and http://apt-enterprise.puppetlabs.com/

Puppet module (Puppet Enterprise support is forthcoming):

http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/puppetdb

# Documentation (including how to install): http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb

# Issues can be filed at:
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppetdb/issues