Hi all, I`m interesting to configure my service depending on count hard
drives but facter haven`t any variable about disks, may be you now how i
can do it ? For example I have 5 types of servers with 3, 4, 6, 8 disks if
i have 3 disks I wan`t create config of my service with parameter "disks=3"
if i have 4 disks than disks must be equal 4 etc. Thanks.

  • Garrett Honeycutt at Sep 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm

    Hi all, I`m interesting to configure my service depending on count hard
    drives but facter haven`t any variable about disks, may be you now how i
    can do it ? For example I have 5 types of servers with 3, 4, 6, 8 disks
    if i have 3 disks I wan`t create config of my service with parameter
    "disks=3" if i have 4 disks than disks must be equal 4 etc. Thanks.
    You could write a custom fact[1] that returns the number of disks.

    [1] - http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/custom_facts.html

    -g

    --
    Garrett Honeycutt

    206.414.8658
    http://puppetlabs.com

  • Andrey Kononov at Sep 21, 2012 at 4:29 am