Hi there,

I was reading Puppet Naming Conventions and in "Node names should match the
hostnames of the nodes" I have a doubt.

What is 'secure/better/faster' or correct way to do this

a) node /^foo0\d+$/ {}

b) node /^foo0\d+$\.bar$/ {} # using FQDN

I have too many servers with hostnames almost in collision :/ foo01.foo and
foo01.bar. but with very different FQDN's.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Regards
Frank

  • Cosmin-Viorel Ilie at Sep 14, 2012 at 2:58 pm

    this regex is split into two groups based on "." delimiter. The first group
    contains the hostname while the second group is the domain name. You can
    edit this to match your needs.