Hi all,

Being new to puppet 3 and to Ruby.

Does there exist a chart of the Ruby I should know?

Hugs,
Sandra

  • James Turnbull at Aug 24, 2012 at 12:01 pm

    Sandra Schlichting wrote:
    Hi all,

    Being new to puppet 3 and to Ruby.

    Does there exist a chart of the Ruby I should know?
    The Puppet language reference:
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/2.7/reference/

    A Ruby primer: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/quickstart/

    Although learning Puppet's language is far more important than learning
    Ruby.

    Regards

    James Turnbull

    --
    James Turnbull
    Puppet Labs

  • Sandra Schlichting at Aug 24, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    Hi James

    The Puppet language reference:

    Just what I was looking for =)

    Thanks.

    Hugs,
    Sandra

  • Dan White at Aug 24, 2012 at 12:54 pm
    It is great to see the documentation maintained and updated.

    However, I have a (personal) problem with the documentation and I am still looking for a workflow/workaround to use without resorting to submitting an Issue/Complaint/Bug.

    How might I make a PDF / printout of the documentation pages that resemble the original web pages ?
    I do not know if anyone else has tried to print these pages, but when I try, I am not happy with the results.

    Specific example:

    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/2.7/reference/lang_visual_index.html

    On a RHEL-5 workstation, using Firefox 10.0.6, If I do a "Print Preview", I get a 9 page document.
    The first 2.25 pages is a text tree of the menus from the top of the page (Products / Solutions / Services / ...)
    The page content I want starts after that and ends at about page 7.25
    The remaining 2.75 pages are another text tree of the menu at the left of the page and then all the goodies from the web page footer.

    I get a similar output from Windows/Internet-Explorer and Mac/Safari, so I am guessing that it is the web pages that are making this happen.

    Any suggestions ? Comments ?

    If I can figure out a way to get what I want without a bunch of hand-editing, I would prefer NOT to create an Issue/Bug/Complaint.
    That would direct time and attention away from working on the actual code.
    This is more of a personal inconvenience.

    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)