Hi there.

I am trying to add an existing user (set up by a package during
installation) to a group set up by another package during its installation.

So both the group and the user all ready exist.

I want the group to be added as an ADDITIONAL group, not to replace the
users originally assigned group.

Is there a simple way of achieving this?

Thanks

David

  • Nick Fagerlund at Aug 21, 2012 at 9:33 pm
    You need to use the "groups" (not to be confused with "group"!) attribute
    to set a list of supplementary groups, and set the "membership" attribute
    to "minimum". Docs here:
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/type.html#user