Hi All,

I am facing a real issue with hiera not picking values from the Hierarchy i
have set in hiera,yaml.

For Eg: I have set the following in hiera.yaml

---
:backends:
- yaml

:logger: console

:hierarchy:
- %{operatingsystem}
- common

:yaml:
:datadir: '/etc/puppet/hieradata'

- In CentOS.yaml i have the following

---

hsflowd_port: 6078

In common.yaml
---

## Hsflowd
hsflowd_user: root
hsflowd_group: root
hsflowd_config_dir: /etc
hsflowd_package: hsflowd
hsflowd_service: hsflowd
hsflowd_port: 8080

- I have the following in the module manifest

class hsflowd::config(
$hsflowd_user = hiera('hsflowd_user'),
$hsflowd_group = hiera('hsflowd_group'),
$hsflowd_config_dir = hiera('hsflowd_config_dir'),
$hsflowd_port = hiera('hsflowd_port'),
)

{
file {
"${hsflowd_config_dir}/hsflowd.conf":
ensure => present,
content => template("${module_name}/hsflowd.conf.erb"),
owner => $hsflowd_user,
group => $hsflowd_group,
mode => '0644';
}

The value is always set to 8080 above and not 6078. I am clueless to debug
the issue and exhausted all my options.

I am using hiera - 0.3.0 and ruby 1.9.3.

The overriding values is not working. Anyone facing this issue?

Regards,
Kevin

  • Linuxbsdfreak at Aug 21, 2012 at 5:15 pm
    Hi All,

    Can anyone help debug this issue with hiera? I am unable to get hiera to
    work with puppet as expected.

    Regards,
    Kevin
[...]

  • R.I.Pienaar at Aug 21, 2012 at 5:39 pm