I'm a beginner on Puppet and i have one priority on my configuration. I
have a lot of hosts and each one need different variables. Is it
possible to configure a specific environment of these variables for each
host?

--
Thiago Silveira Alexandre
LPI I Certified

  • Ashley Penney at Aug 8, 2012 at 11:12 pm
    Hi,

    Good news! You sound like someone who would benefit greatly from
    Hiera. Hiera is part of Puppet 3 (you have to do a little bit more
    work with Puppet 2.7) and provides a way of providing different bits
    of data, via variables, for different hosts. If you take a look at
    http://puppetlabs.com/blog/first-look-installing-and-using-hiera/ this
    should cover a good introduction to setting up and integrating hiera
    into your environment.

    We use Hiera ourselves to do things like set 'base' variables that
    apply by default unless your host overrides them, which should
    hopefully be similar enough to what you want to do. Good luck!

    Thanks,