Hello,
I am trying to install puppet client on RHEL5 & 6 servers for a proof of
concept.

According to the doc, all that should be needed is to run "yum puppet
install" but it fails because of missing ruby dependencies.

active repos:
epel
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -
x86_64 7,124
puppetlabs-deps
Puppet Labs Dependencies El 5 -
x86_64 26
puppetlabs-products
Puppet Labs Products El 5 -
x86_64
86

Howcome ruby is not available on Puppet Labs repo ?
Do I have to manually install ruby and ruby-libs (and their dependencies )
from rpms ?

Thx

Chris

  • Unixman at Aug 6, 2012 at 6:26 pm

    I mean yum install puppet of course
    Chris
  • Michael Stahnke at Aug 6, 2012 at 6:29 pm
    Ruby is in the base repos (or optional channel in RHEL 6), so there
    isn't a need for us to provide it. It is provided by the distro
    vendor.