Dear All,

I just do something simple just want to copy file, this my syntax,

class asterisk::conf {
file { "/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf":
owner => asterisk,
group => asterisk,
mode => 644,
source => "puppet:///modules/asterisk/extensions.conf",
require => Package["asterisk"],

this one doesn't work require => Package["asterisk"], the package
already installed.
but when i trying with vim as name package its work, even i already
remove the package.
something wrong? i never found this before on puppet. Thanks.

Best regards,
Heriyanto

  • Marc Lucke at Jul 31, 2012 at 8:32 am

    I just do something simple just want to copy file, this my syntax,

    class asterisk::conf {
    file { "/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf":
    owner => asterisk,
    group => asterisk,
    mode => 644,
    source => "puppet:///modules/asterisk/extensions.conf",
    require => Package["asterisk"],

    this one doesn't work require => Package["asterisk"], the package
    already installed.
    but when i trying with vim as name package its work, even i already
    remove the package.
    something wrong? i never found this before on puppet. Thanks.
    do you have something like:

    package { asterisk: ensure => installed …. }

    if you search your repos for asterisk does it come up?

  • Heriyanto at Jul 31, 2012 at 8:58 am
    asterisk package already installed. I don't plan installation for this package managed by puppet.
    just want manage the file configuration.

    it come up when i yum search.

    actually how "require => Package" working? its checking to repos or into system?

    Thanks
    I just do something simple just want to copy file, this my syntax,

    class asterisk::conf {
    file { "/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf":
    owner => asterisk,
    group => asterisk,
    mode => 644,
    source => "puppet:///modules/asterisk/extensions.conf",
    require => Package["asterisk"],

    this one doesn't work require => Package["asterisk"], the package
    already installed.
    but when i trying with vim as name package its work, even i already
    remove the package.
    something wrong? i never found this before on puppet. Thanks.
    do you have something like:

    package { asterisk: ensure => installed …. }

    if you search your repos for asterisk does it come up?

  • Martin Alfke at Jul 31, 2012 at 9:02 am

    asterisk package already installed. I don't plan installation for this package managed by puppet.
    just want manage the file configuration.

    it come up when i yum search.

    actually how "require => Package" working? its checking to repos or into system?
    Package['asterisk'] is a reference.
    You somewhere have a package resource definition:
    package {'asterisk': ....}

    the require => Package ensures, that the package is installed prior doing the configuration file.
    Thanks
    I just do something simple just want to copy file, this my syntax,

    class asterisk::conf {
    file { "/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf":
    owner => asterisk,
    group => asterisk,
    mode => 644,
    source => "puppet:///modules/asterisk/extensions.conf",
    require => Package["asterisk"],

    this one doesn't work require => Package["asterisk"], the package
    already installed.
    but when i trying with vim as name package its work, even i already
    remove the package.
    something wrong? i never found this before on puppet. Thanks.
    do you have something like:

    package { asterisk: ensure => installed …. }

    if you search your repos for asterisk does it come up?

  • Jakov Sosic at Jul 31, 2012 at 12:35 pm