I have a puppet master running on 1 node and a puppet client running on
another node. I am trying to execute a shell script on the client from the
puppet master. The issue is that the script is interactive and expects a
couple of inputs initially from the user on the command line. Is there a
way I can pass these inputs from the puppetmaster to the client such that
the script picks them up and completes execution? I dont want to touch the
client until the script has executed successfully.

Swapnil Mankar

  • Jcbollinger at Jul 25, 2012 at 9:23 pm

    I have a puppet master running on 1 node and a puppet client running on
    another node. I am trying to execute a shell script on the client from the
    puppet master. The issue is that the script is interactive and expects a
    couple of inputs initially from the user on the command line. Is there a
    way I can pass these inputs from the puppetmaster to the client such that
    the script picks them up and completes execution? I dont want to touch the
    client until the script has executed successfully.
    Have you tried I/O redirection? Or a wrapper script that you provide via
    Puppet?

    John