Hi Guys,

Now, when I want to add a new module to an agent. I need to manually modify
the /etc/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp and add a include directive to the agent
configuration.

I am wondering is there any server rest api that can do so? I need to write
an application to interact with the puppet server to configure the agent.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,
Wen

  • Erik Dalén at Jul 20, 2012 at 9:56 am

    Now, when I want to add a new module to an agent. I need to manually modify
    the /etc/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp and add a include directive to the agent
    configuration.

    I am wondering is there any server rest api that can do so? I need to write
    an application to interact with the puppet server to configure the agent.
    Install and use either Puppet Dashboard or Foreman as external node
    classifiers and use their rest APIs to set classes for your nodes.

    Regards
    --
    Erik Dalén