is nodes.pp a default file,like sites.pp, or I have to import it in
puppet.conf?

I cannot find a paramater in "puppetmasterd genconfig | grep nodes.pp", can
someone advice?

Thanks.

  • Peter Brown at Jul 6, 2012 at 3:55 am
    you can put this in the main section of your puppet.conf file

    [main]
    manifestdir = /home/puppet/manifests

    that looks for your site.pp in that directory

    you also can specify this in your puppet.conf for each environment.

    manifest = /etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp

    then in site.pp you do something like this

    import 'definitions'
    import 'modules'
    import 'templates'
    import 'nodes'
    import 'classes/*'

    import looks for .pp files so definitions.pp modules.pp etc

    does that help?

    The introductory docs cover this sort of thing.
    Have a look here. http://docs.puppetlabs.com/learning/
    is nodes.pp a default file,like sites.pp, or I have to import it in
    puppet.conf?

    I cannot find a paramater in "puppetmasterd genconfig | grep nodes.pp", can
    someone advice?

    Thanks.

  • Jcbollinger at Jul 6, 2012 at 12:49 pm