HI all,

I'm trying to demo the puppetlabs-openstack module following the the simple
example, but not getting very far.

the puppetlabs-keystone module is presenting a weird failure state claiming:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Puppet::Parser::AST::Resource failed with error ArgumentError: Invalid
resource type keystone_tenant at
/etc/puppet/environments/openstacktest/modules/keystone/manifests/roles/admin.pp:43
on node

I can clearly see
/etc/puppet/environments/openstacktest/modules/keystone/lib/puppet/type/keystone_tenant.rb
on the puppet master and it even gets copied worn to the client as I have
pluginsync enabled:

info: Loading downloaded plugin
/var/lib/puppet/lib/puppet/type/keystone_tenant.rb

(not that that matters).

I know people are using this stuff in production, where could I have
tangled my environment to break this? I've tried the module both from the
released version in the forge and latest git head both show the same error.

Help?

-Jon

  • Alexander Hofmann at Aug 3, 2012 at 3:24 pm
    Hi Jon,

    I just had the same issue in my setup. The problem is that your
    puppetmaster doesn't know about the types and resources included
    in the "openstacktest" envrionment.

    Running the following command on your puppetmaster once should do the trick:
    puppet agent --test --noop --environment openstacktest

    Alex