Hello!

For some machines I want to do a semi automated installation via puppet
apply. Is it possible to tell Puppet to install Debian packages
interactively in this case? So that for example the MySQL root password can
be entered.

Cheers,
Dennis Benzinger | hybris GmbH

  • Nan Liu at May 29, 2012 at 4:12 pm

    For some machines I want to do a semi automated installation via puppet
    apply. Is it possible to tell Puppet to install Debian packages
    interactively in this case? So that for example the MySQL root password can
    be entered.
    You won't be able to break into interactive mode during puppet apply,
    but you have the option of supplying the answer file.

    Nan

  • Brian Gupta at May 29, 2012 at 9:22 pm

    On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Dennis Benzinger | hybris
    For some machines I want to do a semi automated installation via puppet
    apply. Is it possible to tell Puppet to install Debian packages
    interactively in this case? So that for example the MySQL root password can
    be entered.
    You won't be able to break into interactive mode during puppet apply,
    but you have the option of supplying the answer file.
    Also check out:
    http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/1/wiki/Debian_Preseed_Patterns

    Nan