no matter what I try I keep getting this error:

rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migrate --trace
** Invoke db:migrate (first_time)
** Invoke environment (first_time)
** Execute environment
** Execute db:migrate
rake aborted!
Access denied for user 'dashboard'@'localhost' to database
'production'

I have setup the dashboard user in mysql DB, tested it correctly,
checked the permissions on database.yml file, everything looks
according tot he docs.

PLEASE .. can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here, thanks.

  • Gmoney at May 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm
    solved my own issue, the DB name should be: dashboard, comes as
    production_dashboard in Ubuntu 12.04 database.yml file.

    then:

    rake RAILS_ENV=production db:remove
    rake RAILS_ENV=production db:create
    rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migrate

    I hope this helps the poor soul that stumbles across this as I have.