Hi

Is it possible to get the (last) deployment host report (or the list of
reports) for a specific node? I need to access it using REST, to know if
the deployment was succesful, and if not, the list of messages, like in the
dashboard...

If so, how would be the ACL? Now I have this, to allow the clients submit
their reports:

# allow all nodes to store their reports
path /report
method save
allow *

Regards and thanks in advance.

  • Ohad Levy at May 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm

    Is it possible to get the (last) deployment host report (or the list of
    reports) for a specific node? I need to access it using REST, to know if
    the deployment was succesful, and if not, the list of messages, like in the
    dashboard...

    If so, how would be the ACL? Now I have this, to allow the clients submit
    their reports:

    # allow all nodes to store their reports
    path /report
    method save
    allow *

    I'm not 100% if its not possible with the latest version of puppet, but
    its possible using foreman, something like:
    curl -s -u admin:password https://foreman/hosts/<certname>/reports/last -k
    -H 'Accept:application/json' |prettify_json.rb
    {
    "report": {
    "id": 396001,
    "summary": "Modified",
    "status": {
    "applied": 1,
    "skipped": 0,
    "failed_restarts": 0,
    "restarted": 0,
    "failed": 0
    },
    "host": "certname",
    "logs": [
    {
    "log": {
    "sources": {
    "source": "/Stage[main]/Ntp::Service/Service[ntpd]/ensure"
    },
    "messages": {
    "message": "ensure changed 'stopped' to 'running'"
    },
    {
    "log": {
    "sources": {
    "source": "Puppet"
    },
    "messages": {
    "message": "Finished catalog run in 1.81 seconds"
    ],
    "reported_at": "2012-05-28T11:07:02Z",
    "metrics": {
    "time": {
    "schedule": 0.001669,
    "config_retrieval": 1.55911207199097,
    "package": 0.006316,
    "exec": 0.329731,
    "total": 2.95773607199097,
    "cron": 0.000795,
    "service": 0.56894,
    "mailalias": 0.000378,
    "filebucket": 0.000226,
    "group": 0.001368,
    "yumrepo": 0.005424,
    "file": 0.479179,
    "user": 0.004598
    },
    "changes": {
    "total": 1
    },
    "events": {
    "success": 1,
    "total": 1
    },
    "resources": {
    "changed": 1,
    "out_of_sync": 1,
    "total": 75

    cheers,
    Ohad

    Regards and thanks in advance.

  • Juan A. S. at May 28, 2012 at 4:54 pm
    Ummmm., I am not using Foreman, just the Puppet REST service or Puppet
    Dashboard. Any idea?

    Thanks.

[...]

  • Ohad Levy at May 29, 2012 at 5:24 am

    Ummmm., I am not using Foreman, just the Puppet REST service or Puppet
    Dashboard. Any idea?

    afaik, thats not possible today with just puppet/dashboard. Ohad
    Thanks.

[...]

    .
    For more options, visit this group at