I've got a couple of custom facts that are used to find template paths etc.

I always thought facts and plugins got pulled down before the modules
were applied
(this is 2.6.x), but it looks like they aren't (having re-provisioned
some nodes the initial
run is failing immediately).

I end up with invalid paths in the templates, so the run fails, so the
facts never
come down, rinse, repeat.

Is there a way around this?

  • Dick Davies at May 24, 2012 at 10:58 am
    I've got a couple of custom facts that are used to find template paths etc.

    I always thought facts and plugins got pulled down before the modules
    were applied
    (this is 2.6.x), but it looks like they aren't (having re-provisioned
    some nodes the initial
    run is failing immediately).

    I end up with invalid paths in the templates, so the run fails, so the
    facts never
    come down, rinse, repeat.

    Is there a way around this?

  • Luke Bigum at May 24, 2012 at 12:14 pm
    Hi Dick,

    Do you have "pluginsync = true" in your Agent's config in it's initial
    run? Are the facts in a module's path correctly
    (<module>/lib/facter/<fact>.rb) ?

    -Luke