wondering if I'm doing it right.

Cheers,
San

  • R.I.Pienaar at May 23, 2012 at 9:10 am

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Sans" <r.santanu.das@gmail.com>
    To: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
    Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:02:46 AM
    Subject: [Puppet Users] starting puppetmaster - what's the best way?

    Dear all,

    I've moved away from WEBrick to Apache/passenger on puppetmaster, so
    not /etc/init.d/ script anymore to start the master. As, (AFAIU)
    puppetmasterd is still required to be running, what's the best why
    of doing that. I don't think I should expect that apache should
    start that when httpd is [re]started or, should I? I can use
    /etc/rc.local for that but I was wondering if I'm doing it right.
    yes, apache manages it under passenger for you.

    you should not start the puppetmaster by hand in any way then