I'm trying to use the firewall resource and it works fine for me for
iptables.

However, I'm not sure how I purge ip6tables?

doing...

resources { "firewall":
purge => true
}

only purges iptables.

Currently I have 2 execs for persistence, 1 for iptables and 1 for
ip6tables depending on which I'm using but my ip6tables don't purge. I
would have expected them to purge with the code above.

The test examples which come with the module do not have any purge for
ip6tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  • David Mesler at Dec 3, 2012 at 11:39 pm
    Julia, did you ever figure this out? I'm running into this issue as well.

    --david
    I'm trying to use the firewall resource and it works fine for me for
    iptables.

    However, I'm not sure how I purge ip6tables?

    doing...

    resources { "firewall":
    purge => true
    }

    only purges iptables.

    Currently I have 2 execs for persistence, 1 for iptables and 1 for
    ip6tables depending on which I'm using but my ip6tables don't purge. I
    would have expected them to purge with the code above.

    The test examples which come with the module do not have any purge for
    ip6tables.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    the
  • David Warden at Mar 27, 2013 at 7:40 pm
    I'm also running in to this. Has anyone managed to get the puppet firewall
    module to manage both iptables and ip6tables?
    Julia, did you ever figure this out? I'm running into this issue as well.

    --david
    I'm trying to use the firewall resource and it works fine for me for
    iptables.

    However, I'm not sure how I purge ip6tables?

    doing...

    resources { "firewall":
    purge => true
    }

    only purges iptables.

    Currently I have 2 execs for persistence, 1 for iptables and 1 for
    ip6tables depending on which I'm using but my ip6tables don't purge. I
    would have expected them to purge with the code above.

    The test examples which come with the module do not have any purge for
    ip6tables.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    intended
    addressed.
    If you have received this email in error please notify the system
    manager.
    the
  • Ask Bjørn Hansen at Apr 23, 2013 at 5:39 am

    I'm also running in to this. Has anyone managed to get the puppet firewall
    module to manage both iptables and ip6tables?
    You can add rules to ip6tables by specifying provider => 'ip6tables' on
    each firewall {} statement.

    For purging the unmanaged ip6tables rules, I couldn't get that to work
    either - https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-firewall/issues/168

    Ask