Hello,

Is there a way to create run stages using just an ENC? If so, how
would it look like in YAML format?

I was thinking about something like this, but the YAML parser we use
doesn't accept it and a colleague of mine said that maybe Puppet
support for this is missing too. Is it true?

stages:
yum:
before: 'main'

# and then it could be used like this:
classes:
yum:
stage: 'yum' # this works already as expected and the stage is
getting passed to the yum class, but how do I get the stage created
from the ENC?

Thanks,
Cristian

  • Nan Liu at May 22, 2012 at 6:16 pm

    Is there a way to create run stages using just an ENC? If so, how
    would it look like in YAML format?

    I was thinking about something like this, but the YAML parser we use
    doesn't accept it and a colleague of mine said that maybe Puppet
    support for this is missing too. Is it true?

    stages:
    yum:
    before: 'main'

    # and then it could be used like this:
    classes:
    yum:
    stage: 'yum' # this works already as expected and the stage is
    getting passed to the yum class, but how do I get the stage created
    from the ENC?
    Stages are like resources, and resources can't be declared directly in
    the ENC. However you can create a parameter that contains a hash of
    the stage, and use create_resource to declare it. Here's an old thread
    which talks about this in more details:

    https://groups.google.com/d/topic/puppet-users/2f4SBM-_-ws/discussion

    Thanks,

    Nan