For a few reasons:

There is a missing bit of functionality that is important to me.
I know WHAT I want to fox, but I do not know HOW.

Also, if I am understanding how this module operates, I have ideas for other modules that use the same base methods.

So, I am looking for either the folks that wrote this module or someone who can help me understand it enough for me to make some enhancements to it myself.

Please help me help the Puppet community !

Thanks.

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

  • Ashley Penney at May 21, 2012 at 8:34 pm
    I recently submitted a pull request for a fairly basic feature. I started
    out by editing spec/fixtures/iptables/conversion_hash.rb and
    spec/unit/puppet/type/firewall_spec.rb to add in tests for what I wanted
    then worked backwards from there by copying existing code, modifying it a
    bit and running until the tests passed. I recommend it as a way of getting
    started!

    Failing that if you visit irc.freenode.net/#puppet I'm in there as ashp and
    can attempt to answer specific questions about it. I'll be the first to
    admit I have -no- idea what I'm doing but I stumbled through enough to add
    something so I might be able to help you go in the same direction.
    There is a missing bit of functionality that is important to me.
    I know WHAT I want to fox, but I do not know HOW.

    Also, if I am understanding how this module operates, I have ideas for
    other modules that use the same base methods.

    So, I am looking for either the folks that wrote this module or someone
    who can help me understand it enough for me to make some enhancements to it
    myself.

    Please help me help the Puppet community !

    Thanks.

    “Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
    in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
    Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)