FAQ
Hullo
I'm trying to install puppet on some rhel 6.2 boxes, which have epel
repo installed. However, I'm getting dependency errors for augeas-
libs:

Error: Package: ruby-augeas-0.4.1-1.el6.x86_64 (epel)
Requires: augeas-libs >= 0.8.0
Installed: augeas-libs-0.7.2-6.el6.x86_64 (@rhel-x86_64-
server-6.1.z)

And I cannot google any other instances of this issue.

epel doesn't carry augeas-libs, so I'm not very clear on how it
manages to carry puppet, which depends on it.

Any thoughts?

Tim

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Search Discussions

  • Nathan Powell at May 16, 2012 at 4:20 pm
    augeas comes from the rhel optional channel. You'll have to enable that.
    On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Tim Coote wrote:
    Hullo
    I'm trying to install puppet on some rhel 6.2 boxes, which have epel
    repo installed. However, I'm getting dependency errors for augeas-
    libs:

    Error: Package: ruby-augeas-0.4.1-1.el6.x86_64 (epel)
    Requires: augeas-libs >= 0.8.0
    Installed: augeas-libs-0.7.2-6.el6.x86_64 (@rhel-x86_64-
    server-6.1.z)

    And I cannot google any other instances of this issue.

    epel doesn't carry augeas-libs, so I'm not very clear on how it
    manages to carry puppet, which depends on it.

    Any thoughts?

    Tim

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.


    --
    Nathan Powell
    Linux System Administrator

    "This machine kills fascists" ~ Woody Guthrie

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Tim Coote at May 17, 2012 at 8:18 am
    Is there no other source (eg puppetlabs)? the Optional Channel seems
    to be a bit of an administrative barrier.
    On May 16, 5:20 pm, Nathan Powell wrote:
    augeas comes from the rhel optional channel.  You'll have to enable that.








    On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Tim Coote wrote:
    Hullo
    I'm trying to install puppet on some rhel 6.2 boxes, which have epel
    repo installed. However, I'm getting dependency errors for augeas-
    libs:
    Error: Package: ruby-augeas-0.4.1-1.el6.x86_64 (epel)
    Requires: augeas-libs >= 0.8.0
    Installed: augeas-libs-0.7.2-6.el6.x86_64 (@rhel-x86_64-
    server-6.1.z)
    And I cannot google any other instances of this issue.
    epel doesn't carry augeas-libs, so I'm not very clear on how it
    manages to carry puppet, which depends on it.
    Any thoughts?
    Tim
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
    --
    Nathan Powell
    Linux System Administrator

    "This machine kills fascists" ~ Woody Guthrie
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Dominic Cleal at May 17, 2012 at 8:25 am

    On 17/05/12 09:18, Tim Coote wrote:
    Is there no other source (eg puppetlabs)? the Optional Channel seems
    to be a bit of an administrative barrier.
    On May 16, 5:20 pm, Nathan Powell wrote:
    augeas comes from the rhel optional channel. You'll have to enable that.
    Puppet Labs don't ship Augeas for EL6 in the community repo primarily
    because the distribution already provides it (see #13436).

    I don't think the idea of optional is to put up a barrier for
    installation (given it's just --enablerepo=*optional* if you're using
    Subscription Manager), but to clearly delimit the different support
    given to those packages compared to the base channel.

    There are other packages from optional that you'll find yourself
    needing, e.g. libselinux-ruby, so I don't think ignoring it is that easy.

    Cheers,

    --
    Dominic Cleal
    Red Hat Consulting
    m: +44 (0)7817 878113

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Tim Coote at May 17, 2012 at 1:40 pm
    Thanks, Dominic. I get your point about augeas-libs not being
    published from puppetlabs' repo. I don't think that I've got the whole
    picture, however. I've got "rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6.1.z"
    enabled, but it doesn't inlcude the necessary augeas-libs update to
    support the puppet releases. Is it because I've got rhel 6.1 (I'd have
    thought that epel would be aligned) or that I'm missing another repo
    or something that I just don't understand?

    Tim
    On May 17, 9:25 am, Dominic Cleal wrote:
    On 17/05/12 09:18, Tim Coote wrote:

    Is there no other source (eg puppetlabs)? the Optional Channel seems
    to be a bit of an administrative barrier.
    On May 16, 5:20 pm, Nathan Powell wrote:
    augeas comes from the rhel optional channel.  You'll have to enable that.
    Puppet Labs don't ship Augeas for EL6 in the community repo primarily
    because the distribution already provides it (see #13436).

    I don't think the idea of optional is to put up a barrier for
    installation (given it's just --enablerepo=*optional* if you're using
    Subscription Manager), but to clearly delimit the different support
    given to those packages compared to the base channel.

    There are other packages from optional that you'll find yourself
    needing, e.g. libselinux-ruby, so I don't think ignoring it is that easy.

    Cheers,

    --
    Dominic Cleal
    Red Hat Consulting
    m: +44 (0)7817 878113
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Dominic Cleal at May 17, 2012 at 1:50 pm

    On 17/05/12 14:40, Tim Coote wrote:
    Thanks, Dominic. I get your point about augeas-libs not being
    published from puppetlabs' repo. I don't think that I've got the whole
    picture, however. I've got "rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6.1.z"
    enabled, but it doesn't inlcude the necessary augeas-libs update to
    support the puppet releases. Is it because I've got rhel 6.1 (I'd have
    thought that epel would be aligned) or that I'm missing another repo
    or something that I just don't understand?
    Ah yes, I see it now. It is because you're on RHEL 6.1, which contained
    an older version of Augeas (0.7.2). RHEL 6.2 rebased to Augeas 0.9.0
    and then EPEL updated to ruby-augeas 0.4.1 which requires this newer
    version, hence the confusion...

    For RHEL 6.0 or 6.1, you'll need ruby-augeas 0.3.0. The old build is
    linked below that used to be published via EPEL. You should be able to
    download and install with yum localinstall, which will pull in that
    dependency from optional.

    http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=228762

    Cheers,

    --
    Dominic Cleal
    Red Hat Consulting
    m: +44 (0)7817 878113

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouppuppet-users @
categoriespuppet
postedMay 16, '12 at 4:13p
activeMay 17, '12 at 1:50p
posts6
users3
websitepuppetlabs.com

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase