FAQ
Hi all,

I have configured Puppet master to use *stored configurations with Mysql*,
but when i run the agent, it looks like using sqlite3 instead of mysql :

# puppet agent --test
*err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Got 1 failure(s) while initializing: change from 0644 to 0660 failed:
failed to set mode 644 on /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3:
Operation not permitted - /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3*

warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run* *


Here is the error from puppetmaster log :

*puppet-master[32559]:
(/File[/var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3]/mode) change from 0644
to 0660 failed: failed to set mode 644 on
/var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3: Operation not permitted -
/var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3*

*puppet-master[32559]: Cached catalog for xxxx failed: Got 1 failure(s)
while initializing: change from 0644 to 0660 failed: failed to set mode 644
on /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3: Operation not permitted -
/var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3*



i dont know why puppet try to modify this file
"/var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3" since i'm using stored
configurations with Mysql.
So how to solve/debug this problem ?


I have installed version 2.7 of Puppet :

# puppetmasterd -V
2.7.13


here is my puppet.conf :

[main]
logdir=/var/log/puppet
vardir=/var/lib/puppet
ssldir=/var/lib/puppet/ssl
rundir=/var/run/puppet
factpath=$vardir/lib/facter
templatedir=$confdir/templates
prerun_command=/etc/puppet/etckeeper-commit-pre
postrun_command=/etc/puppet/etckeeper-commit-post

[master]
certname=im1a9.internetmemory.org
reports=http,store,tagmail,foreman

storeconfigs = true

dbadapter = *mysql*

dbuser = puppet

dbname = puppet

dbpassword = xxxx

dbserver = localhost

dbsocket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
downcasefacts = true

# These are needed when the puppetmaster is run by passenger
# and can safely be removed if webrick is used.
ssl_client_header = SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
ssl_client_verify_header = SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY



Regards,

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/6tN8xBwlx1EJ.
To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Search Discussions

  • DieZ at May 16, 2012 at 3:24 pm
    Hello,

    I've done some more research, so i tried to show all config settings and I
    found the unexpected result : :

    # puppet --configprint all
    ...
    storeconfigs = false
    dbadapter = sqlite3
    dblocation = /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3
    ...


    As said in my previous post, i've already configured the master for stored
    configurations for MySQL :

    [master]
    ...
    storeconfigs=true
    dbadapter=mysql
    ...


    so why Puppet Master does not apply my changes ?

    info. : puppetmaster is running under mod passenger
    (libapache2-mod-passenger 2.2.11debian-2)

    Thanks,

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/n11lOv0NTJEJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Gary Larizza at May 16, 2012 at 3:29 pm
    Try the following:

    puppet config print dbadapter --mode master

    That will print out the configuration item of dbadapter as the MASTER knows
    it. You can use --mode master or agent to check those configuration items
    from the context of Puppet running as an agent or as a master (the way you
    ran it most likely output puppet.conf settings from the context of the
    agent)

    On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM, DieZ wrote:

    Hello,

    I've done some more research, so i tried to show all config settings and I
    found the unexpected result : :

    # puppet --configprint all
    ...
    storeconfigs = false
    dbadapter = sqlite3
    dblocation = /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3
    ...


    As said in my previous post, i've already configured the master for stored
    configurations for MySQL :

    [master]
    ...
    storeconfigs=true
    dbadapter=mysql
    ...


    so why Puppet Master does not apply my changes ?

    info. : puppetmaster is running under mod passenger
    (libapache2-mod-passenger 2.2.11debian-2)

    Thanks,

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/n11lOv0NTJEJ.

    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.


    --

    Gary Larizza
    Professional Services Engineer
    Puppet Labs

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • DieZ at May 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm
    thanks for the quick reply,

    it shows the correct value (mysql)

    # puppet config print dbadapter --mode master
    mysql


    so why it uses SQLite3 if everything is configured correctly for using
    MySQL ?

    puppet-master[28784]:
    (/File[/var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3]/mode) change from 0644
    to 0660 failed: failed to set mode 644 on
    /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3: Operation not permitted -
    /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3



    On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:29:32 PM UTC+1, Gary Larizza wrote:

    Try the following:

    puppet config print dbadapter --mode master

    That will print out the configuration item of dbadapter as the MASTER
    knows it. You can use --mode master or agent to check those configuration
    items from the context of Puppet running as an agent or as a master (the
    way you ran it most likely output puppet.conf settings from the context of
    the agent)


    --

    Gary Larizza
    Professional Services Engineer
    Puppet Labs
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/QfK_PhGPEvsJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Gary Larizza at May 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm
    Did you restart your puppet master after you setup storeconfigs? Did the
    DB get created?
    On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM, DieZ wrote:

    thanks for the quick reply,

    it shows the correct value (mysql)

    # puppet config print dbadapter --mode master
    mysql


    so why it uses SQLite3 if everything is configured correctly for using
    MySQL ?

    puppet-master[28784]:
    (/File[/var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3]/mode) change from 0644
    to 0660 failed: failed to set mode 644 on
    /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3: Operation not permitted -
    /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3



    On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:29:32 PM UTC+1, Gary Larizza wrote:

    Try the following:

    puppet config print dbadapter --mode master

    That will print out the configuration item of dbadapter as the MASTER
    knows it. You can use --mode master or agent to check those configuration
    items from the context of Puppet running as an agent or as a master (the
    way you ran it most likely output puppet.conf settings from the context of
    the agent)


    --

    Gary Larizza
    Professional Services Engineer
    Puppet Labs

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/QfK_PhGPEvsJ.

    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.


    --

    Gary Larizza
    Professional Services Engineer
    Puppet Labs

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • DieZ at May 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm
    Yes, the databse is created :

    mysql> show tables;
    +------------------+
    Tables_in_puppet |
    +------------------+
    fact_names |
    fact_values |
    hosts |
    inventory_facts |
    inventory_nodes |
    param_names |
    param_values |
    puppet_tags |
    resource_tags |
    resources |
    source_files |
    +------------------+


    I'm using Passenger, so there is no need to restart puppet master
    (according to
    http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/1/wiki/Using_Passenger)

    On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:44:32 PM UTC+1, Gary Larizza wrote:

    Did you restart your puppet master after you setup storeconfigs? Did the
    DB get created?
    On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM, DieZ wrote:

    thanks for the quick reply,

    it shows the correct value (mysql)

    # puppet config print dbadapter --mode master
    mysql


    so why it uses SQLite3 if everything is configured correctly for using
    MySQL ?

    puppet-master[28784]:
    (/File[/var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3]/mode) change from 0644
    to 0660 failed: failed to set mode 644 on
    /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3: Operation not permitted -
    /var/lib/puppet/state/clientconfigs.sqlite3



    On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:29:32 PM UTC+1, Gary Larizza wrote:

    Try the following:

    puppet config print dbadapter --mode master

    That will print out the configuration item of dbadapter as the MASTER
    knows it. You can use --mode master or agent to check those configuration
    items from the context of Puppet running as an agent or as a master (the
    way you ran it most likely output puppet.conf settings from the context of
    the agent)


    --

    Gary Larizza
    Professional Services Engineer
    Puppet Labs

    --

    Gary Larizza
    Professional Services Engineer
    Puppet Labs
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/fC7GfRO7WWIJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Paul Tötterman at May 18, 2012 at 11:08 am

    I'm using Passenger, so there is no need to restart puppet master
    (according to
    http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/1/wiki/Using_Passenger)
    Did you restart your webserver then? Or redeploy the passenger app
    http://modrails.com/documentation/Users%20guide%20Nginx.html#_redeploying_restarting_the_ruby_on_rails_application
    ?

    Cheers,
    Paul

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/iZnhsUZrP1YJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • DieZ at May 18, 2012 at 12:49 pm
    thx Paul, restarting apache has resolved this issue ,

    have a nice day ;)

    Le vendredi 18 mai 2012 12:08:47 UTC+1, Paul Tötterman a écrit :
    I'm using Passenger, so there is no need to restart puppet master
    Did you restart your webserver then? Or redeploy the passenger app
    http://modrails.com/documentation/Users%20guide%20Nginx.html#_redeploying_restarting_the_ruby_on_rails_application
    ?

    Cheers,
    Paul
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/qcL49lDCODUJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouppuppet-users @
categoriespuppet
postedMay 15, '12 at 4:49p
activeMay 18, '12 at 12:49p
posts8
users3
websitepuppetlabs.com

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase