Is there really no way to have puppet module, aka puppet-module, remove a
module? It doesnt seem to exist in the usage message.
Nor do I see a "show installed" option?

  • Kelsey Hightower at May 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm

    Is there really no way to have puppet module, aka puppet-module, remove a
    module? It doesnt seem to exist in the usage message.
    Nor do I see a "show installed" option?

    Philip,

    We just updated the module tool and integrated it into Puppet core starting
    with Puppet 2.7.14. I have also written two blog posts covering some of the
    features here:

    http://puppetlabs.com/blog/module-of-the-week-puppet-module-tool-part-2
    http://puppetlabs.com/blog/module-of-the-week-puppet-module-tool-part-1

    Kelsey Hightower
    Developer
    Puppet Labs
    (678) 4719501

  • Gary Larizza at May 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm
    Philip,

    The puppet-module gem behavior has been merged into the core Puppet as of 2.7.14 and includes the functionality you describe. `puppet help module` should get you the help you need, and `puppet help module uninstall` should describe the action :)

    --
    Gary Larizza

    Is there really no way to have puppet module, aka puppet-module, remove a module? It doesnt seem to exist in the usage message.
    Nor do I see a "show installed" option?

  • Philip Brown at May 10, 2012 at 4:43 pm