Dear all,

I see this error message in my *masterhttp.log* repeatedly:

ERROR OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_accept returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3
read client certificate A: tlsv1 alert unknown ca

I saw a similar mail in the list but there was no definitive answer to that
post. Does anyone know what am I missing here? I do understand what *unknown
ca* means but I can't think of any reason. Anyone can give me some hints
please?

Cheers,
San

  • Steeve McCauley at May 18, 2012 at 4:32 pm
    I fixed this by configuring webrick to set :SSLCACertificateFile and
    :SSLCACertificatePath to the ssl bundle I got from godaddy.

    s=WEBrick::HTTPServer.new(
    :Port => 8443,
    :Logger => WEBrick::Log::new($stderr, WEBrick::Log::DEBUG),
    :DocumentRoot => "/tmp/webrick_test/doc_root",
    :SSLEnable => true,
    :SSLVerifyClient => OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER,
    :SSLCertificate => cert,
    :SSLPrivateKey => pkey,
    :SSLCACertificateFile => "sf_bundle.crt",
    :SSLCACertificatePath => "/tmp/webrick_test",
    :SSLCertName => [ [ "CN", "myhost.net" ] ]
    )

    s.start