FAQ
Dear all,

I've switched to apache/passenger for puppet-dashboard, following the
instruction here:

*
httpd* is running okay but I see it's dashboard still seems to use WEBrick
(and default port 3000); I see this if I start puppet-dashboard

[root@serv05 puppet-dashboard]# service puppet-dashboard start
Starting Puppet Dashboard: => Booting WEBrick
=> Rails 2.3.14 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
[ OK ]
(and also puppet-dashboard GUI doesn't run on the port I specified in the
apache configuration file). What am I still missing? Cheers!!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/hXU0QAukuTsJ.
To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Search Discussions

  • Walter Heck at May 8, 2012 at 9:01 pm
    don't start the puppet-dashboard service anymore. Once you have defined
    your vhost in apache properly, starting apache will make it start serving
    your dashboard.

    Sent from my galaxy tab
    On May 9, 2012 1:03 AM, "Sans" wrote:

    Dear all,

    I've switched to apache/passenger for puppet-dashboard, following the
    instruction here:

    *
    httpd* is running okay but I see it's dashboard still seems to use
    WEBrick (and default port 3000); I see this if I start puppet-dashboard

    [root@serv05 puppet-dashboard]# service puppet-dashboard start
    Starting Puppet Dashboard: => Booting WEBrick
    => Rails 2.3.14 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
    [ OK ]
    (and also puppet-dashboard GUI doesn't run on the port I specified in the
    apache configuration file). What am I still missing? Cheers!!

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/hXU0QAukuTsJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Sans at May 8, 2012 at 9:10 pm
    aahh....... that's what I was wondering.
    So, does it also mean there is no need for reports, reportdir and reporturlin the
    *puppet.conf *as well? Cheers!!


    On Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:01:02 PM UTC+1, Walter Heck wrote:

    don't start the puppet-dashboard service anymore. Once you have defined
    your vhost in apache properly, starting apache will make it start serving
    your dashboard.

    Sent from my galaxy tab
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/-/MIXuoeQ9pfUJ.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.
  • Craig White at May 9, 2012 at 3:42 pm

    On May 8, 2012, at 2:10 PM, Sans wrote:


    aahh....... that's what I was wondering.
    So, does it also mean there is no need for reports, reportdir and reporturl in the puppet.conf as well? Cheers!!



    On Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:01:02 PM UTC+1, Walter Heck wrote:
    don't start the puppet-dashboard service anymore. Once you have defined your vhost in apache properly, starting apache will make it start serving your dashboard.
    -----
    No - you will still want to have configuration for reporting but you should note that if you used specific port notations such as port 3000 for the webrick server that it isn't needed.

    Craig

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group.
    To post to this group, send email to puppet-users@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to puppet-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users?hl=en.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouppuppet-users @
categoriespuppet
postedMay 8, '12 at 5:03p
activeMay 9, '12 at 3:42p
posts4
users3
websitepuppetlabs.com

3 users in discussion

Sans: 2 posts Walter Heck: 1 post Craig White: 1 post

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase