So, I have 2 storedconfig questions:

1: Are "complex" searches just not supported? I want to simply do:
Sshkey <<| tag == "some_tag" and type == "rsa" |>> (the type is
mandatory, but this won't let me do complex searches, so i'm stuck
only collecting the ones I want for this, where as i'd rather collect
them all and export them as needed....)

2: So, I'm obviously collecting ssh keys and exporting them. I was
collecting with the host alias ["$hostname","$fqdn","$ipaddress"],
however, i found on most of our systems, it seemed like this array
would get written into the known_hosts file in one order, then on the
next run, another order. Thus, thing seemingly kept changing when it
was realy just the aliases bouncing around. Any explanation/help on
this? I've gone to just ["$hostname","$fqdn"], and most likly can
really get away with just $hostname, but I'd like all 3 aliases, but
I'd rather have it be written once and not over and over.

Thanks!

--
Matthew Nicholson

  • Paul Tötterman at May 10, 2012 at 2:35 pm
    I'm also having problems with exporting and collecting ssh keys.

    1: Are "complex" searches just not supported? I want to simply do:
    Sshkey <<| tag == "some_tag" and type == "rsa" |>> (the type is
    mandatory, but this won't let me do complex searches, so i'm stuck
    only collecting the ones I want for this, where as i'd rather collect
    them all and export them as needed....)
    I'm trying to avoid collecting some keys:

    Sshkey <<| hostname != 'banned' |>>

    but this results in only returning the local host ssh key and none of the
    ones that other nodes have exported to storedconfigs.

    Cheers,
    Paul