Dear all,
I'm getting this really annoying problem, where it's being failed
intermittently. The errors I'm getting are like this:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Could not intern from
pson: unexpected token in object at '"li'!
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Could not intern from
pson: unexpected token in object at '"file'!
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Could not intern from
pson: expected value in object at '"p'!

If I keep trying over and over again (at least 4/5 times), at one point it
successfully runs; so I don't think there is actually any fault in the code
itself. does any one know why am I seeing this? Cheers!!

  • Sans at May 7, 2012 at 1:53 am
    Hi there,

    Does anyone have any idea at all what's I'm doing wrong? I just have
    suddenly started seeing this since yesterday morning. Any help will be
    appreciated. Cheers!!

    I'm getting this really annoying problem, where it's being failed
    intermittently. The errors I'm getting are like this:

    err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Could not intern from
    pson: unexpected token in object at '"li'!
    err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Could not intern from
    pson: unexpected token in object at '"file'!
    err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Could not intern from
    pson: expected value in object at '"p'!

    If I keep trying over and over again (at least 4/5 times), at one point it
    successfully runs; so I don't think there is actually any fault in the code
    itself. does any one know why am I seeing this? Cheers!!
  • Denmat at May 7, 2012 at 6:00 am
    Hi,

    Can you describe your setup a bit more for us? Versions, distros, apache/passenger, that kind of thing.

    You could try running puppetmaster in the foreground and see if that helps you get closer to a solution.

    puppet master --no-daemonize --verbose (or --debug)

    Then get a client to poll in. (command syntax above my vary depending on your version of puppet and will depend on your setup too).

    THT
    Den