I am wondering what would cause a puppet client to get into a state like
this. I had a test vm do the same thing to me today.
On Friday, April 13, 2012 2:59:43 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:

That worked, thanks!
On Apr 13, 2:54 pm, Patrick Carlisle wrote:
This is a bug in the error message (
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/13299). The correct command is
'puppet agent --enable'.

  • Tony Maro at May 9, 2013 at 2:34 pm

    On Tuesday, May 1, 2012 12:00:19 PM UTC-4, Eric Lake wrote:
    I am wondering what would cause a puppet client to get into a state like
    this. I had a test vm do the same thing to me today.

    Since nobody else responded first let me say thanks for posting the correct
    syntax - I googled the error and ended up here. Second, mine was triggered
    by an application filling my available hard drive space with a log file. I
    removed the 960 GB log file (from 3 weeks of running, lol) and rebooted and
    puppet refused to run anymore until doing this.

    So I'm assuming this is some sort of safety net to keep it from screwing up
    your system entirely if something goes horribly wrong, like being unable to
    write temp files, etc.