I have some old packages which was not in standard RPM/DEB packages.
We have our own deployment process likes this:
All the packages are in a directory, which likes the following:
/opt/package/pkg-aa/
/readme.txt
/install.sh
/......
/.....

I want the puppet helps like this:
1). Put pkg-aa on puppet master;
2). puppet agent download the package from master, and run "install.sh".

And I expect to have "file" and "service" types to handle configuration
file and restart service.

Is there a way to accomplish 1) and 2) efficiently?

Regards,
Autumn Wang

  • Dick Davies at Apr 30, 2012 at 10:41 am
    Life is far, far saner if you can make a package. Things like FPM
    make this sort of thing so easy (e.g. turn a tarball into an RPM)
    you need a very good reason not to.