I appears that backreferences when using regexes in node names doesn't
work. Can anyone confirm this? If I'm incorrect, how do I go about using a
backreference to the name regex within the node definition container?

Thanks,
Guy

  • Nick Fagerlund at Apr 27, 2012 at 1:06 am
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not supported.

    But you could implement whatever you're trying to do with a regular
    regex match, if you need to. Use the built-in $clientcert variable,
    which contains the node's certname.

    (This assumes you're doing the default behavior of using the certname
    as the node name. Hint: you almost certainly are.)
    I appears that backreferences when using regexes in node names doesn't
    work. Can anyone confirm this? If I'm incorrect, how do I go about using a
    backreference to the name regex within the node definition container?

    Thanks,
    Guy
  • Guy Knights at Apr 30, 2012 at 5:52 pm
    Ok, thanks Nick. I'll look into using a regex match on the client cert (and
    yes, you're right. I am :)