Just wondered if there are any plans to put a heira RPM in the puppetlabs yum
repositories (for EL6)?

http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/6/products/i386/

So far there doesn't seem to be one.

  • Kelsey Hightower at Apr 25, 2012 at 2:41 pm

    On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Nick wrote:

    Hi,

    Just wondered if there are any plans to put a heira RPM in the puppetlabs
    yum
    repositories (for EL6)?

    http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/6/products/i386/

    So far there doesn't seem to be one.

    Yep, we are working on that, should have one available in the next week or
    two.

    Kelsey Hightower
    Solutions Engineer
    Puppet Labs
    1-678-471-9501

  • Craig Dunn at Apr 25, 2012 at 3:03 pm

    Just wondered if there are any plans to put a heira RPM in the
    puppetlabs yum
    repositories (for EL6)?

    http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/6/products/i386/

    So far there doesn't seem to be one.

    Yep, we are working on that, should have one available in the next week
    or two.
    Nick - if you need one in the mean time, I use the following specfile
    (adapted from gem2rpm) to build it from a downloaded gem on EL5.

    http://www.craigdunn.org/stuff/hiera.spec (and hiera-puppet.spec
    respectively)

    Of course, official RPM's would be nicer :P

    Craig

    --
    Craig Dunn | http://www.craigdunn.org
    Yahoo/Skype: craigrdunn | Twitter: @crayfishX