I'm trying to convince my company to use puppet as the release management
engine to publish the bits for Drupal to the web servers. The reason why I
want this is to cut off the developers from production, but also create a
process and procedure for code release to the stage and production
environments. While this is possible, my question is, do you use puppet in
such manner?

Thanks.

  • Denmat at Apr 20, 2012 at 7:20 am
    Hell yeah! It's even good to get developers to think about how an application is managed during the life cycle of the application.

    Have a look at this and you'll get the idea of how we do it:
    http://puppetlabs.com/blog/git-workflow-and-puppet-environments