Hi All,

can we use puppet dashboard for following requirements.

1. List all the nodes with the role they play.
2. View the binary versions on the nodes and also the node
status.
3. Ability to start / stop a node.
4. Have an interface to view logs from all nodes - Logs
generated by services running on nodes.

i.e in short can we control/view status/view logs of services running
on other nodes/machines using puppet dashboard.

Thanks,
Mangesh.

  • Alexander Holte-Davidsen at Apr 18, 2012 at 7:12 am
    Hi Mangesh,

    I don't believe you can do all this with the dashboard. You will be able to
    show the your nodes and their puppet reports. This will also indicate their
    current status (Unchanged, changed, failed, not responding). You will not
    be able to show logs from other applications if thats what you are asking.

    I would recommend you to set up a installation and have a look at it.

    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/

    / Alexander