one. This overwrote the account settings on all my Solaris and SUSE with
the account data from a RHEL server. I'd like to know how I would undo
this, please.

  • Bernd Adamowicz at Apr 18, 2012 at 6:59 am
    I'm not aware of any undo functions in Puppet. I think the only thing you can do is do create a proper user configuration for your Suse and Solaris boxes and let Puppet fix it.

    Bernd

    Von: puppet-users@googlegroups.com Im Auftrag von root
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. April 2012 20:55
    An: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
    Betreff: [Puppet Users] Undo

    So.. I am evaluating Puppet Enterprise 2.5. I was messing with Live Management and I cloned a user account to all my nodes instead of just one. This overwrote the account settings on all my Solaris and SUSE with the account data from a RHEL server. I'd like to know how I would undo this, please.

  • Luke Bigum at Apr 18, 2012 at 8:18 am
    If you're really really lucky you can look in ${vardir}/clientbucket on
    an Agent (usually /var/lib/puppet/clientbucket) and ${vardir}/bucket on
    the Master. They are backup directories of files that Puppet replaces,
    keyed on the MD5 sum of the file. Unfortunately I don't think the User
    providers file bucket /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow though, but you can
    always check.

    You're only other option is to Bernd's suggestion of Puppetify the
    Solaris and SUSE versions of the account and change them back.
    I'm not aware of any undo functions in Puppet. I think the only thing
    you can do is do create a proper user configuration for your Suse and
    Solaris boxes and let Puppet fix it.

    Bernd

    So.. I am evaluating Puppet Enterprise 2.5. I was messing with Live
    Management and I cloned a user account to all my nodes instead of just
    one. This overwrote the account settings on all my Solaris and SUSE
    with the account data from a RHEL server. I'd like to know how I
    would undo this, please.

    Luke Bigum

    Information Systems
    Ph: +44 (0) 20 3192 2520
    luke.bigum@lmax.com | http://www.lmax.com
    LMAX, Yellow Building, 1A Nicholas Road, London W11 4AN

    FX and CFDs are leveraged products that can result in losses exceeding
    your deposit. They are not suitable for everyone so please ensure you
    fully understand the risks involved. The information in this email is not
    directed at residents of the United States of America or any other
    jurisdiction where trading in CFDs and/or FX is restricted or prohibited
    by local laws or regulations.

    The information in this email and any attachment is confidential and is
    intended only for the named recipient(s). The email may not be disclosed
    or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in
    any way. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
    immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any unauthorised
    copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is
    strictly forbidden.

    LMAX operates a multilateral trading facility. Authorised and regulated
    by the Financial Services Authority (firm registration number 509778) and
    is registered in England and Wales (number 06505809).
    Our registered address is Yellow Building, 1A Nicholas Road, London, W11
    4AN.

  • Jcbollinger at Apr 18, 2012 at 1:10 pm