On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Wil Cooley wrote:
On Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:06:25 AM UTC-7, Jeff McCune wrote:

The problem is that modules like stdlib need Puppet to be initialized
in a manner suitable for testing.  Setting things like confdir and
what not.  This means different actions for different versions of
Puppet, and stdlib works all the way back through 2.6.
I took the expedient way out and commented out the requires from
spec_helper. :-\ My tests pass now, at least.

I have now added tests for the has_ip_address and has_ip_network, which are
more porcelain than has_interface_with.

https://github.com/wcooley/puppetlabs-stdlib/compare/puppetlabs:master...wcooley:has_interface_with_function

If you like it, I will open a ticket and submit a pull request.
Yes, please file a ticket at:

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/stdlib

You'll need to register an account if you don't already have one.

If it's a somewhat substantial patch could you also please sign the CLA at:
https://projects.puppetlabs.com/contributor_licenses/sign

Thanks,
-Jeff McCune

  • Wil Cooley at May 18, 2012 at 5:52 pm

[...]

    I thought I responded that I had opened a ticket and submitted a pull
    request, but I guess I didn't.

    Anyway, here's the ticket:

    https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/13974

    And here's the pull request:

    https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-stdlib/pull/64

    Would someone with access fix the typo in the subject of the ticket?
    Change "not to use" to "not easy to use".

    Thanks!
    Wil